Friday, April 22, 2005

M83 Sucks?

Times like this I wish someone actually read this blog.

I'm slogging my way through the new M83 album, Before the Dawn Heals Us, for the 3rd of 4th time, and I just don't get it. I was really excited to buy this thing, having read a bunch about them and heard a few tracks on internet radio. Hell, even Pitchfork liked it. (Shows what they know.) But this isn't what I signed up for--at least not that I remember.

This, simply put, is a French rock band. Read: sucky. It's all grandiose drum and guitar flourishes, pseudo-operatic keyboard tones and vocal constructs, just too gigantic-posturing musical movements full of nothing but glittery noise and fields full of fairies.

Funny thing is, when I heard some songs off it, they ALWAYS caught my attention and made me want to rush out and buy this. And now that I have it I'm nothing but disappointed.

Anyone? A little help?

I'll keep trying with this one, but hope is diminishing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i feel the exact same. went and bought "dont wake us were dreaming" today ... i want my 15 dollars back. midnight city is the ONLY decent track out of 22 songs. very upset.