Monday, January 30, 2006

Remodel

Don't do this. Leave your home as it is, keep your life your own, and maintain the solidity of your marriage. I'm serious. This is a bad idea.

We're nearing the end of a month and a half or two month remodel process on the whole upstairs of our house. We're very close--it should all be done by the end of the week--but it has not come without cost. The financial, obviously, but also the mental, the spiritual, the marital. It's been tough. Life has been hectic and rushed and cluttered and hectic, and we've both seen the ends of our ropes come frighteningly close. But we've survived.

Our house will be transformed. The results will be dazzling. We will be much happier. But, if I had it to do over again, unless some things were drastically changed, I wouldn't. I'd slap some paint on and leave it the hell alone.

Anyway, this nonsense comes by way of an excuse as to why this blog has been so lame and inactive lately. I've been gathering loads of new music, I've had some great outdoor adventures, I've sort of got a new job, and there's been plenty to write about, I just haven't had time. But, come next week, hopefully, I will. That is, if the friggin house is done.

No comments: