Thursday, January 10, 2008

Barack, Henry, and San Miguel


The lack of posts at such an exciting time is due to the fact that I'm horrifically busy getting ready for a trip to Mexico. But a couple quick comments.

Barack Obama came up second best in the New Hampshire primary. Forgive the flippancy, but Hillary's tears brought the sympathetic support out of the woodwork and totally changed the numbers of who voted for whom. Still, Obama is positioned pretty well.

But this brings up a problem: I'd have no trouble throwing my support behind John Edwards or Bill Richardson, or Joe Biden or Christopher Dodd, were they still in the race. But I have to say I'll have a real dilemma on my hands if Hillary gets the nod. I'll try to lay out why this is in the coming weeks--though I honestly hope I don't have to think too much more about it. The way she plays on fear is too Bushy, the cadence and pitch of her voice when she speaks makes me crazy, and this campaign has stripped the time-inspired glow off my high opinion of Bill, too. I forgot just how sleazy these people are.

Now on to more pressing matters: Henry the hound has completely torn his cranial cruciate ligament, the equivalent of our ACL. That means surgery. And since Cathy and I are headed to San Miguel de Allende this Friday for a 10-day vacation, we're in sort of a tough spot.

I've scheduled the surgery for when we get back and made arrangements for the hound while we're gone, but I don't feel so good about going now. I'm still looking into options, so these plans could change. Poor guy hardly puts any weight on it and limps around all the time, and I can tell the inactivity is starting to get to him.

But if we do make it off to San Miguel, I'll try to blog it over at the travel blog. So check in if you get a minute. If I can't swing it remotely, I'll put something together when we get back.

1 comment:

Bee Van Dahlen said...

So sad to hear about Henry!

Don't worry. Have fun in Mexico and he will be ok when you are back...