Friday, February 01, 2008

Obama Comes to Boise

Barack Obama is scheduled to appear at the Taco Bell arena on the BSU campus tomorrow morning. Amazing.


His campaign set up an office here quite some time ago, which was surprising enough in itself--I believe he's the only candidate who has one. And tomorrow, I assume en route to California or somewhere that actually matters, he's stopping here for an early morning speech.


The town is abuzz, to say the least. Some speculate the expected turnout at 5,000, but the arena holds 12,000, I think, and many expect a capacity crowd. After, all, he just pulled in 18,000 in Denver, so why not 12,000 here?


This is a unique opportunity we have. So we'll be getting up at 6am and heading down to campus to get in line. I imagine I'll have plenty more to say after it's over.

No comments: