Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Green Chile


Green Chile, on State St., has been a number of things in the past few years, most notably a pretty decent taco joint whose name escapes me at the moment.

But now it's a New Mexico-style taco joint, and it's a pretty dang good one. Tex Mex is more my specialty than the variety that comes from New Mexico, but I'm a fan of anything with chiles, and these folks, though they're a bit dainty with the heat, know what they're doing.

After an arduous trip to the Laundry-Mutt on Saturday, Cathy and I stopped in. I had a beef torta that was good though unlike any other torta I've had--chunks of beef stewed and served on ciabatta in gravy with mayo, lettuce, jalapenos, and tomato. Served with fries. Tasty and cheap, if a bit weird.

Cathy got a bowl of green chile, which was really good. And we shared a bowl of posole, also really delicious, more the clear greenish broth (which I prefer) than the oily red.


No comments: