Thursday, July 14, 2005

No time for nothing

I've been in one of those modes lately where there is no downtime. No rest between commitments and activities, rushing from one thing to another without time to stop and breathe and just hang. It's all good, my time is being taken up by worthy things--work, radio production, radio meetings, trailbuilding, SWIMBA meetings, watching Le Tour (especially that)--but after a while you start to realize just how much you've let go, how many things have fallen by the wayside for days and days.

I usually follow up a period like this with a forced reorganization of my life. I'm about there now. I'd planned to go to Sun Valley and mountain bike for a couple days this weekend, but I think I'll put that off and stay home and tie up the bucket of loose ends I've got going. I'm dying to get out of town, but that'd just put me in this same position come Monday. Plus, the wifey is going to Iowa next week, so I should spend some time with her.

So that does it. No camping, but plenty of hammock time.

No comments: