Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I'm Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass






















While I'm getting googly-eyed about new music that's not out yet, let me also mention Yo La Tengo's upcoming release. It's called I'm Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass, and early reports are promising--the perfect balance of their more recent soft balladry and their former long-form guitar freakouts with the middle range of perfect pop songs holding it all together.

If these reports are accurate and not just the work of some hysterical fanboys like myself, this could be the release of the year.

I've pre-ordered, and I'm supposed to be getting some super secret access to a player that streams the record, but I can't get the goddam thing to work and it's really pissing me off. So I might, actually, beat your ass.

No comments: