Monday, August 20, 2007

Denver

Cathy and I just spent a long weekend in Denver. I'd never really hung out there before, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.

Not that I was expecting it to be bad or anything, just that I didn't expect to like it as much as I did.

Maybe it was the dinner at Cuba Cuba that did it. Or my fun but pitiful turn at Guitar Hero at the Garage. Or maybe it was the 2000'+ of vertical we covered on mountain bikes at Keystone. Perhaps even the fly-fishing expedition on Clear Creek, interrupted though it was by a fast-rising and furious rainstorm that chased us from the canyon with out tails between our legs. Certainly the splendid bowl of Pho I had at a Vietnamese joint on Federal (surrounded by loads of Vietnamese folks having lunch) had something to do with it.

Of course, it was great to see Jody and Steve, whose baby shower (or kegger in anticipation of the baby, more like) was good fun. And Christine and Brett, too, along with Maggie and Finn, two of the cutest kids I know. They weren't even afraid of me, as most kids are! I missed hooking up with T, though we may end up back there in a month for the Arcade Fire/LCD Soundsystem gig. We'll see.

Either way, I really enjoyed myself, and I hope to visit Denver again soon, this time with more days and my own bike to ride.

No comments: