Wednesday, March 05, 2008

I Was Busy Rocking Out

Last night was not the best of nights as far as the Democratic primary season goes, but it could be worse. Our man Obama was way way behind in both Ohio and Texas, and the fact that he gained much ground in both places and will come away with no significant delegate deficit is good. But any shift in momentum seems to carry such profound weight in this unfortunately long and, more unfortunately, negative campaign, so these things do matter.


But whatever, I was at The Bouquet, getting my head bang on to a little Fu Manchu. The SoCal stoner rock quartet played to a decent-sized and terribly enthusiastic crowd, and though I'd never seen them before, much of it was pretty familiar. Openers Saviour were strong baroque metal from Oakland. Good stuff.


Afterward, we headed over to Terrapin Station, the local hippie dive, to see a couple guys from the String Cheese Incident, whom I loathe, do an electronic-and-drums set, which was pretty fun. But of course I was out way too late and had one or two Pabsts too many for a school night.


Also, I won tickets to see Ladysmith Black Mambazo, which is tonight. We'll see if I can rally for it.

No comments: