Monday, May 04, 2009

Back in Idaho

Seems like a long time since I've been here. It's really nice to be home.

I was in Montgomery for 2 weeks. I got to spend a lot of time with my mom and brothers, which made it bearable. My dad died on Thursday, April 30, at about 11am, of complications from heart failure.

Here's his obituary, in the Montgomery Advertiser, line breaks not included, about a third of the way down the page.

I hesitate to go into this here. I gave the eulogy at his funeral, so I think I'll go ahead and reprint that instead. Soon.

Meantime, I'm behind on a whole lot. Music, the UEFA semis, Obama in Europe and South America, the overwhelming insanity of daily life. But rather than catch up, I believe I'll just start new. I'll update the travel blog one of these days--seems like about a year since that trip to Croatia at the beginning of the month--but other than that I'll just move forward. Seems like a good idea.

No comments: