Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Theo Goes to Gernika

Cathy and I took Theo for his first trip to Bar Gernika on Saturday. Rigged the carseat, loaded the boy into the sidecar, and off we went.

He loved it. Well, he cried on the way, but that's because he didn't like the big bumps on the sidewalk. On the street he did just fine. And once we got there, he settled right in.

Pardon me while I brag a bit: A woman sitting at a table next to ours was watching him and smiling, as people tend to do when you're with a baby. As she got up to leave she came over to our table and said "I've been a labor and delivery nurse for 20 years, and I've seen a lot of babies, but I have to tell you that your baby is unusually cute."

Of course we think so, but it's nice to have objective verification now and then.

No comments: