Thursday, January 25, 2007

Morr Music




For all you e-music users, lovers and haters out there, some exciting news.





Morr Music, the mostly electronic and somewhat experimental label based in Berlin has arrived at some deal with e-music, and now, after a notable and annoying absence, their stuff is available for download.




This label has had a lot to do with my long-overdue acceptance of electronic music as a legitimate art form. For a long time, I was kind of an idiot. I insisted that if it's music, play it on instruments. Bleeps and bloops were exactly that: entertaining noises, but not real music.




Real music. Sheezus. Real music is whatever the creator decides it is, and whatever the listener connects with or enjoys or internalizes or is entertained by. Who the hell am I to say what real music is?




These days, I'd much rather cue up the latest record by Boards of Canada than I would the Reverend Horton Heat. Somehow, it speaks to me more.


Lali Puna, Masha Qrella, Mum, Electric President, B. Fleischmann, Ms. John Soda, Tarwater, and a whole bunch more are now cataloged on e-music and ready for your downloading pleasure. Take a listen. There's some amazing music happening at Morr.

1 comment:

Headcase said...

It is amazing that after some open-minded listening, some electronica music stands up strong under comparison to other bands. And like you, though having that traditional love for the Reverend, I'd rather be listening to Boards of Canada, Four Tet, or Six Parts of Seven.